Happy Canada Day everyone!
To celebrate Canada’s 145 years, my sister and I decided to make Canada Day Skewers, for our family friends backyard party. Eating desserts is always challenging at a cocktail party, so we decided on skewers, an easy to eat treat on a stick! We combined fruit, chocolate and my homemade white chocolate truffles for the perfect refreshing yet rich dessert.
- 1 package 2-bite brownies, halved
- 1/2 watermelon
- 2 pints strawberries
- 1 pint raspberries
- Homemade truffles, halved
White Chocolate Truffles
- 1/2 cup toasted hazelnuts, roughly chopped
- 1/4 cup sweetened condensed milk
- 2 tbsp Bailey’s
- 250g (8oz) white chocolate
- 1tsp coconut extract
- 60g (2 oz) wafers finely chopped
- 400g (1lb) white chocolate
- 1 cup coconut
1. Melt white chocolate (250g) and condensed milk in microwave or on the stove over a double boiler . Remove from heat and mix in chopped hazelnuts, Bailey’s and coconut extract
2. Freeze the mixture until has stiffened
3. Mould the mixture into little bite sized balls and roll them in the crushed wafer crumbs
4. Freeze again until firm
5. Melt 400g white chocolate in microwave or double boiler and coat each ball
6. Roll in coconut and let sit until set!