Crab & Pesto Egg Scramble
Want a yummy breakfast that boosts your metabolism and energizes you all day long? Well this crab and pesto egg scramble is perfect for you!
I’m a huge breakfast person and I think it definitely pays off. Experts say it’s the most important meal of the day so its mind-boggling when I learn that people don’t eat breakfast let alone a good one. Some benefits include:
- Diet higher in nutrients, vitamins and minerals
- Improved concentration and performance
- Increased strength and endurance
- Weight management: Feel less hungry throughout the day, make better choices throughout the day, boost metabolism
- Lower cholesterol levels
In addition, here are some interesting facts from studies related to eating breakfast:
- Women who added a little lean protein to their breakfast compared to those that didn’t, kept more lean muscle than the group that did not add protein.
- Women who ate two eggs instead of a bagel (identical in calories and volume) for breakfast five times a week for eight weeks, lost 65% more weight, reduced waist circumference by 83%, and reported higher energy levels.
Are you convinced yet?!
2 tsp olive oil
½ cup imitation crab
3 grape tomatoes (fresh from the garden), quartered
2 cremini mushrooms, chopped
¼ cup minced onion
¼ cup spinach, chopped
1 tablespoon Classico Basil Pesto mix
3 pinches of Parmigiano Reggiano
- In a medium skillet, add olive oil and heat over medium.
- Add the onions and mushrooms. Saute for about 4 minutes, or until onions are translucent and starting to turn light brown.
- Add the crab, tomatoes, and spinach. Stir for about 1 minute then add the Parmigiano Reggiano.
- In a separate bowl, scramble the egg and egg whites.
- Push all ingredients in skillet to one side and add the remaining olive oil, let melt and pour the egg mixture into the pan. Stir occasionally until they are half way cooked then mix together with other ingredients.
- Add the pesto evenly and stir.
- Transfer onto a plate and enjoy!
Web MD Article Reference: