My favourite parts of fall are Pumpkin Lattes, crunchy leaves and warm, homey food. After the 100th Pumpkin Latte I decided it was time to find a new comfort food! These warm, blue cheese and steak crostinis are the perfect cure for a rainy fall evening. I would make them again just to smell the aroma of the blue cheese and garlic! The rich, creamy cheese is perfect for a night in with a glass (or bottle…) of red wine.
- 2 medium size steaks (marinate however you please)
- 1 pack Castello Traditional Blue Cheese
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 cup cream cheese
- 1 cup chopped red onions
- 1/2 sliced red onion
- 2 cups sliced mushrooms
- 1 large baguette, sliced thickly
- 3 cloves garlic, crushed and minced
- 1 tbsp margarine, melted
1. Preheat the oven to 300 degrees.
2. In a bowl, mix together the crumbled blue cheese, sour cream, cream cheese and chopped red onion until well blended. Set aside
3. Sautee the onions and mushrooms with a clove of garlic. Set aside
4. Combine the melted margarine and 2 cloves garlic. Spread over the sliced baguette.
5. Sear steak on both sides for a minute each (middle should still be very rare because it will cook more in the oven) and slice thinly.
6. Lay the baguette pieces flat on a greased baking sheet. Place the sliced steak on the baguette and top with the mushroom and onion mixture. Top with large dollop of blue cheese mixture
7. Bake in the oven for 10 minutes or until the cheese has melted and the baguette is slightly toasted.