When I think about my favourite kind of dessert, I want lots of chocolate, super gooey and creamy with a hint of crunch, and melt in your mouth decadent perfection! Well these Peanut Butter Crunch Brownies are just that. I’ll give you fair warning now that everyone will crave more including yourself, and there will be lots of “mmmm’s” and “oooohhh’s” in the room!
Since it’s a three part recipe, I used box brownies for more convenience but you can definitely use your own brownie recipe for the bottom layer. These “Best ever Brownies” on Eat.Live.Travel.Write will do the trick.
What you need:
- 1 batch brownies (favourite box brownie)
- 1/2 cup salted peanuts, chopped
- 1 cup Reese’s peanut butter cups, chopped
- 1 and 1/2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 and 1/2 cups creamy peanut butter
- 1 Tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1 and 1/2 cup Rice Krispies cereal
What to do:
1) Prepare the brownie layer according to packaged directions. Bake the brownies for 20 minutes at 350 degrees.
2) Remove brownies from the oven and sprinkle the top with the peanuts and chopped peanut butter cups. Return to the oven and bake for 5-7 additional minutes.
4) While the brownies are finishing up in the oven, melt the chocolate chips, peanut butter and butter in a medium saucepan over medium-low heat. Stir in the Rice Krispies cereal until evenly coated. Remove the brownies from the oven and pour the chocolate and peanut butter mixture over top. Spread to cover evenly.
Refrigerate for 2 hours before cutting into 24 squares. Store in the refrigerator.