Finding the best appetizer for a party is so much fun! You have to think about the people going and the kind of party it is. This was a family party so something yummy and a bit more sophisticated was perfect, whereas a simple nacho dip is more appropriate for a party with friends aka the food comes second to the drinks! I think the crackers themselves made all the difference. They’re called Nonni’s Panetini Over Baked Italian Toast Garlic Parmesan Crackers and they’re truly unbelievableeee! They’re delicious on their own, with salsa, pesto, cheese OR guacamole and shrimp in this case!
- 60 medium shrimp, cooked, peeled and chilled (I had a mix of small and medium shrimp but either way they should add up to about 1 lb)
- 1/2 cup bottled Thai chili sauce
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 30 Nonni’s Panetini Garlic Parmesan Crackers
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 medium avocados
- 2 teaspoons freshly squeezed lime juice
- 1/2 cup tomato, diced
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 2 teaspoons onion powder
1. Toss shrimp with chili sauce, chili powder, salt and pepper.
2. Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat and sauté shrimp, stirring occasionally for about 2 minutes or until opaque. Set aside and let chill
3. Make the guacamole by combining the rest of your ingredients (avocado, tomato, onion powder, lime juice, salt, and pepper). Process until smooth in a food processor and season to taste.
4. Assemble crackers on serving plate and spread guacamole mix on to each cracker. Drain the shrimp of any excess liquid and pat dry with paper towels then place one or two shrimps (depending on the size) on top of each cracker.