Merry Christmas Eve! If you’re anything like me, you’ve nibbled your way through half of the Christmas chocolates and devoured enough cheese plates to last a normal person a year. After the 10th Christmas cocktail/dinner party I had a good grasp on what it is people like to snack on. I decided to combine them all in this wonderful stack of goodness. It is layered with cream cheese, sundried tomato tapenade, artichoke pesto, parsley, almonds and parmesan. Wow! You’ll catch yourself going back for fourths and fifths. I like to serve it was crusty bread or crostini. You can make it look really pretty and Christmasy with it’s red, white, and green!
- 1 package sundried tomatoes
- 1 can marinated artichoke hearts, drained
- 1 brick cream cheese (place in freezer to harden for 30 minutes)
- 4 cloves garlic
- 1 bunch parsley
- 2 tbsp crushed walnuts
- 6 tbsp grated parmesan
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tbsp sliced almonds to garnish
1. In a food processor combine softened sundried tomatoes, 2 cloves garlic, 3 tbsp parsley, the walnuts, 3 tbsp parmesan and put aside
2. In a food processor combine artichoke hearts, 2 cloves garlic, 3 tbsp parsley, 3 tbsp parmesan and put aside
3. Remove the cream cheese from the freezer and divide evenly into three thin slices by gently pressing floss between the sides. Brace your fingers on either side and slowly pull it through
4. Place one slice of cream cheese on a serving platter and spread a layer of the sundried tomato spread on top. Place another layer of cream cheese on top and spread the artichoke spread evenly on that one. Add the last layer of cream cheese and spread more sundried tomato on top.
5. Garnish the final layer with parsley, topped with almonds. Add a sprinkle or parmesan for the final touch!