Besides my 4 minute commute to work, I think my favourite thing about living at home is the amazing meals we have every night! My dad is a master on the BBQ and my mom puts so much work into every meal, making everything from scratch and with lots of love 😉 I wanted to mix up the side dishes tonight so we made this fantastic pan roasted cauliflower to go with the pork roast, corn, beans, potatoes and garlic bread! It looked nice, tasted great, and was super easy and quick to make. I was hoping to have some with my lunch tomorrow but NOPE all gone!
Ingredients: (serves 4-6 as side)
- 1 medium head cauliflower, broken into medium florets
- 1 medium onion, medium diced
- 5 big cloves of garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons of Roasted Garlic and Peppers seasoning
- 1/2 cup thick drained yogurt or Greek yogurt
- 1/2 tablespoon vinegar
- 1.5 tablespoon lite soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
1. Wash and drain the cauliflower florets.
2. In a big bowl combine yogurt, onion, garlic, vinegar, soy sauce and seasoning. Stir well with a spatula so it’s well combined.
3. Add the cauliflower to the the bowl and toss well to coat the florets. Let them sit at room temperature for 30 minutes to marinade.
4. Heat oil in a large wok/skillet till it shimmers. Pour in the bowl mixture in the hot oil. Cook at high heat covered for about 10 minutes. Uncover and cook at medium heat till the oil starts to separate from the seasoning mix.
The cauliflower florets should be cooked through, but still hold the crunch. Some of the onions might crisp and there should be no sauce left.