This Baked Spaghetti Squash is one of my new favourite dishes! It’s SO easy, extremely nutritious and versatile because you can add whatever veggies you like. It also really fills you up and gives that real spaghetti fix. It’s lower on the Glycemic Index then pasta (that’s a good thing!) and it’s full of Vitamin C, B6, and manganese.
This meal is fun to make because you get to scrape the inside of the squash to make the “spaghetti” strands. You’ll be surprised how easily it comes off in the right shape. Anyone can do it! I was also pressed for time so I used my FAVOURITE salad dressing – Garlic Expressions. You can use it on salads, stirfry’s, as a marinade or dip. I’ve added a mock homemade recipe in case you can’t find it or don’t want to buy it!
- 1 spaghetti squash, halved lengthwise, de-seeded
- 2 tablespoons Garlic Expressions salad dressing
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan, plus some to top
- 1 cup sliced mushrooms
- 2 cups spinach
- 1 tsp olive oil
Mock Homemade Garlic Expressions Dressing
- 1.25 cups apple cider vinegar
- 1.25 cups olive oil
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1/2 tsp black pepper finely ground
- 3 tbsp lemon juice
- 2 tsp fresh crushed garlic
Now just mix all ingredients in a jar!
Instructions for Spaghetti Squash
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Place the cut, de-seeded squash face down in a pyrex with just enough water to cover the bottom of the pyrex and bake for about 40 minutes.
- Add olive oil to medium-high heat skillet. Saute mushrooms until light brown and tender then add spinach and continue to cook, stirring frequently. Remove once spinach has wilted fully.
- Remove squash the oven and let cool for 10 minutes so you don’t burn yourself.
- Turn squash face up and scrape them with a fork to remove the spaghetti like flesh.
- Combine in a bowl with dressing, spinach, mushrooms, and Parmesan.